Spring Farmer’s Market Recipe
Spring Green Salad with Meyer Lemon and Chive VinaigretteFeatured in Harpers Bazaar, here is one of the recipes for you! Read Harpers Bazaar Spring Farmer’s Market Recipe Feature with DEFINE’s natural foods chef, Erin Stewart.
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- small pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1 Meyer lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 bunch of spring mixed greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- 3-4 fresh radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful snow pea shoots
- 1-2 tbsp currants
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or mint
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toss the asparagus and the sunflower seeds with 1 Tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp sea salt, the cumin, coriander, cayenne, and sugar. Spread evenly onto a half sheet pan and roast, stirring halfway through, until asparagus is cooked through and sunflower seeds start to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, place the chives, mustard, vinegar, juice from lemon, agave and pinch of sea salt in a personal blender. Blend, slowly adding in ¼ cup olive oil, until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble, combine the greens, sugar snap peas, radishes, pea shoots and asparagus/sunflower mixture with the dressing. Divide onto plates, piling high. Garnish with lemon zest, currants, and fresh herbs.
Leave a Reply