Poolside Summer Salad
Poolside Summer SaladTake advantage of summer’s seasonal produce that appears just for such a short time each year. With simple ingredients and quick preparation, this is the perfect fruit salad to serve alongside your outdoor summer activities. Keep it fresh with organic, ripe fruit combinations paired with simple ingredients to create wonderful flavors and colors. Contrived by DEFINE foods Chef Erin O’ Leary Stewart, there are endless options for this salad. Feel free to mix in your own favorite fruits. Honey brings out natural sweetness of the berries and sea salt heightens their flavor. Enjoy on its own or over your favorite bowl of grains for a sweet breakfast or dessert.
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 pint yellow raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint, picked and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- 1/4 tsp good flakey sea salt
- Whisk together olive oil and honey in a large bowl. Gently fold in fruit and herbs and sprinkle with sea salt. Keep covered in refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be made ahead and stored for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply