This summer we’ve loved watching So You Think You Can Dance so much that the show inspired our fun dance focused August Workshops! But what are some of the benefits of dance? Here are 8 reasons you should start moving and shaking today!
1. It’s a great cardio workout – dancing can improve cardiovascular health, increase stamina, strengthen bones and muscles and stave off illnesses
2. It’s fun! – busting a move can trigger the release of feel good hormones like serotonin and endorphins
3. It’s social – working out in a class can help to up the difficulty level and increase accountability
4. Anyone can do it – there’s a dancer in all of us
5. It can keep your brain sharp – getting footloose on a regular basis is linked with a 76 percent reduction in dementia risk
6. It’s gentle on the body – the wide variety of moves can actually be a lifesaver for your body, as you’re avoiding the wear and tear of repetitive motions
7. It can improve your balance – dancing can help to improve balance and ultimately reduce dangerous falls
8. No equipment needed – you don’t need anything to get started
To read more about the health benefits of dance, click here.
Are you inspired to start moving, shaking, and dropping it like it’s hot? If so, there are still spaces available in G’s Latin Dance Workshop this Saturday! Hope to see you there to reap all of the amazing benefits of dance!
Leave a Reply